> Everythings fine but the smtp server takes a long time
> to initialize..like when I telnet to port 25 on my
> localhost...the 220 host.domain.com ESMTP appears but
> after a long time.
>
> Has anybody experienced such a problem and was able to
> solve this...

        Your tcpserver invocation is probably trying to get IDENT info,
which is the default.  This times out after 26 seconds or so.  Put '-R' into
your tcpserver command line and the lag goes away, or open up port 113 on
the firewall to allow IDENT traffic to freely flow.

>From http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp/tcpserver.html:

-r: (Default.) Attempt to obtain $TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host.
-R: Do not attempt to obtain $TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. To avoid
loops, you must use this option for servers on TCP ports 53 and 113.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]