Brett Randall wrote:

> Set up an automatic revenge flood? Maybe not... :>
>
> It depends if it is mailing lists or spam. First start by unsubscribing from
> REAL mailing lists.

Then the mailing-list admins will never learn to use authenticating managers.

Slider:

Mailing lists, I say bounce it, definately. ezmlm will simply auto-unsub you,
but other, non-authenicating mailing lists will get the spam.  Let the mailing
list admins unsub you - after all, it's their unsecure lists that allowed
this to happen.

As for the spammers, start using RBL,RSS, etc,etc,etc...

Also, if you're this user's ISP, don't you already have all of his info?
Maybe you should threaten to post his credit card number (just kidding!!!)

Eric

P.s. Just a thought: Once you get rblsmtpd set up, you could write a script to
scan for the first Recieved: line with an IP, add the sending IP to your own
RBL-style domain.  Mail will pile up on the sending end without your
intervention,
and without loading down your server (to recieve the mails and generate
bounces).
Then, when it all dies down a bit, take the IPs out of the domain, and you're
back to normal...