On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Vladimir Goncharov wrote:

>       Hi,
> >
> >I don't know the best way to explain my problem, but here it goes. :)
> >
> >Dev machine is a  RedHat 6.2 install. Apache 1.3.12 with PHP 4.0.1pl2 and stock
> >sendmail.
> >
> >Server is Redhat 6.2 apache 1.3.12 PHP 4.0.1pl2 with  qmail (and vpopmail)
> >
> >I got a php script that I developed on  the dev machine.. every thing works.
> >it calls mail() proper headers and whatnot.. sendmail connects to my server
> >sends the mail and works. Things here O.K.
> >

> >Move the web code to the server.  Try the php script. nothing... no erros no
> >nothing.   I do a 'tail -f' on the qmail log files. nothing shows up...
>
>  It seems that mail() function from php 4.0.1pl2 expects to find
> _real_ sendmail. At least, it use the following code:

I just set up 4.0.1pl2 yesterday (upgrade from 3.0.x) and it works fine
with qmail's sendmail.  I did, however, have to fix phpGroupWare's mail
sending routines because of the linefeed problem.  Make sure your lines
are terminated with \r\n instead of \n.  If it weren't for the program's
error reporting I wouldn't have known it was failing since PHP gave no
error message.

Also I just told it that sendmail's path was /var/qmail/bin/sendmail  I
didn't give it any switches.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.pop4.net
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking