On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Sean C Truman wrote:

> Please read up on your programs..
>
> tcpserver opts host port prog
>
> opts is a series of getopt-style options. host is one argument. port is one
> argument. prog consists of one or more arguments.
> tcpserver waits for connections from TCP clients. For each connection, it
> runs prog, with descriptor 0 reading from the network and descriptor 1
> writing to the network. It also sets up several environment variables.
>
> The server's address is given by host and port. port may be a name from
> /etc/services or a number; if it is 0, tcpserver will choose a free TCP
> port. host may be 0, allowing connections to any local IP address; or a
> dotted-decimal IP address, allowing connections only to that address; or a
> host name, allowing connections to the first IP address for that host. Host
> names are fed through qualification using dns_ip4_qualify.

I must have a real old man page:

       The server's address is given by host and port.  host  can
       be  0, allowing connections from any host; or a particular
       IP address...

Yours says "to", mine says "from".  I just tried it and I stand corrected.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.pop4.net
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking