Brian Estes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am having the following problem on my qmail server ...
>
> running the LATEST version of qmail 1.03
> Sun E-450 2CPU, 1G RAM
>
> The server hangs and is unresponseive to anything but pings
> load on the server skyrokets to 300+
> server is NOT loggin anything, in fact the server is doing nothing (cron
> can not even run)

What is your logging configuration for qmail on that box?  If you're going
to the syslog, that could be your problem.  syslog has been known to bring
even large boxes to their knees with a busy qmail server.  Try
multilog or something instead.  It could also be that you've got the
concurrent remote connection limit or inbound connection limit set too high
for your hardware, although that seems unlikely.  What are the values of
/var/qmail/control/concurrencyremote and your tcpserver limit on SMTP
connections?

Charles