"R. Bettencourtt" wrote:

> It looks like when I sent the email, the lines got screwed up. Here is the
> correct rc.local entries for qmail.
>
> Line 1:    /usr/local/bin/tcpserver 0 110 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup
> c50912-a.btnrug1.la.home.com \
> Line 2:    /bin/checkpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &
> Line 3:    /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -u 7791 -g 2108 0 smtp
> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd \
> Line 4:    2>&1 | /var/qmail/bin/splogger smtpd 3 &
> Line 5:    csh -cf '/var/qmail/rc &'
>
> Again, Thanks.

Try putting the contents of line 5 first.  Line 5 loads all the main
qmail process's.  Then you can load the pop3 daemon and smtp daemon.

Another thing that could cause this is if sendmail is still running.
Type at the prompt as root ps -aux|grep 'sendmail' .  If it is you will
have to remove it from the init scripts.
I think if I can remember correctly sendmail was started in rc.inet2 or
rc.M .  A quick method of finding out is to do grep 'sendmail' * in the
rc.d directory or grep 'sendmail' rc.*  .
If it is still there comment it out by putting a # in front of the lines
that load it.

I hope this helps.

--

Dale Miracle