On Sat, 19 Aug 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi
> Sometimes when I send mail to different people a few messages
> are coming back to me as not sent. The reason is I guess everytime
> the same (although the qmail's messages differ a little bit).
> And these qmail's notes are like these two:
> Connected to xxx.xx.xx.xx but sender was rejected. Remote host said:
> 501 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ... Sender domain must exist.
> Connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx but sender was rejected. Remote host said:
> 553 5.4.3 Policy analysis reports DNS error with your source domain.
> I do not understand this. Most of my messages is posted without any
> problems. Always I edit mail in mutt and I use option "edit headers"
> to be able to send e-mails to for example this list. I do not have
> my own domain name because I connect to internet via modem and rather
> seldom. So how is it possible that some hosts know my real FQDN
> (although I edit headers of my all messages) and why they reject
> my e-mails? And others do not do it - why? And maybe some of you
> know what can I do to fix this problem with domain name.
> Thank you for help,
> qba

I've sent two emails to the same place... and had one come back
with this error and the other make it through.  Now, although I
can't say 100% that it was the first that came back and the
second that got through, one would think that would be the only
way a mail should fail like that.

I want to say that the first made it and the second failed...

Scott