Hi,

seems as If my description did not get the point of my problem. Give me a
second try:

My /var/qmail/users/assign is this

+allesrabe-de:popuser:500:100:/var/qmail/popboxes/allesrabe-de/helmut:::
=haribeau:popuser:500:100:/var/qmail/popboxes/linuxlupe-de/haribeau:::
=neo:popuser:500:100:/var/qmail/popboxes/linuxlupe-de/haribeau:::
+wetterbestellung-de:popuser:500:100:/var/qmail/popboxes/wetterbestellung-de
/default:::
.

the first line delivers any Mail to @allesrabe.de into the Mailbox as
specified
the second and third line creats mail aliases for my local domain
(linuxlupe.de). This also works. the mails are delivered perfect in the
specified mailboxes.
the fourth line delivers any mail to @wetterbestellung.de into the specified
Mailbox.

so far so good.

What I now want to do is being able to create several virtual users for my
virtual domain allesrabe.de (as ist works yet for my local domain - see
second and third line in the config file above).

for this reason my /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains looks like this:

allesrabe.de:allesrabe-de
wetterbestellung.de:wetterbestellung-de

So I expected that when I change the first Line in my assign file from (as
above):

+allesrabe-de:popuser:500:100:/var/qmail/popboxes/allesrabe-de/helmut:::

=allesrabe-de-info:popuser:500:100:/var/qmail/popboxes/allesrabe-de/helmut::
:

only the mails adressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] should be delivered to helmut's
mailbox, korrekt?
But this is not the case. after inserting this line no mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] is delivered anywhere. No errormessages or undelivery
mails are send neither.

wildcard assignment works if I try this:

+allesrabe-de-inf*:popuser:500:100:/var/qmail/popboxes/allesrabe-de/helmut::
:

now [EMAIL PROTECTED] is delivered to helmuts box, as everything
inf******@allesrabe is.

a wildcard assignment as follows is _not_ delivered:

+allesrabe-de-info*:popuser:500:100:/var/qmail/popboxes/allesrabe-de/helmut:
::

I really do not get the point where I am wrong. I rebuilt the database after
any change and for sure I restarted sendmail after changing my
virtualdomains file.

It would be great if anyone could help me

thanks in advance

Clemens