On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 11:40:21PM +0800, Thomas Duterme wrote:

> cat .qmail-unsubscribe_education
> unsubscribe
>
> in /home/unsubscribe/.qmail, I have:
> ./Maildir/
> | /home/unsubscribe/MagazineUnsubscribe.py >> /home/unsubscribe/unsub.log
>
> Now, the weird thing is that qmail won't pass the mail to stdin like it
> should (executing the second line of my .qmail...passing the mail to my
> python script).  I have tried: changing the ownership of the .py script (to
> alias and the grp to qmail) and it still won't work.  Any answers here?
>
> Also, in my Maildir, I eventually get multiple copies of this email. I
> believe this problem is somehow related, but I've been banging my head on
> the keyboard too much to see how.  Any help or ideas appreciated.

What Do the Logs Say? (tm)

Seriously, the logs will include the error message returned by your no
doubt broken Python script.  qmail most certainly did provide it the
message on stdin.  You are getting multiple messages because the message
is being deferred because the script is failing.  When it retries, it
retries the entire delivery, including the ./Maildir/ part.

Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MAILER-DAEMON                                         (612) 321-9290 x101