I've just installed vpopmail and it's working quite nice.

The only problem I've encountered is with it's method of finding a directory
for a new user.  The concept is good, only 100 users per directory, but when
it goes to find a new one, after a few thousand users it can get very slow(and
IO intensive on the box)  I was testing with adding 50,000 users to a domain
and it took several hours to get to 7000.  If I were to move our user base to
vpopmail in a single maintence window, it'd take a week or more!  :)

Anyone encountered this and more to the point found a solution?
I'm using version 4.9 of vpopmail.

Greg