Thank you Ben,

Strange...I checked the logs and found that maillog wasn't recording
anything and then i went to /var/log/qmail and found 3 folders: qmail-pop3d/
 qmail-send/  qmail-smtpd/.   In these, there wasn't anything really
useful..the last logged file was on Aug 14th!  It appeared we were running
without logging anything!

So, I asked our mail admin why splogger wasn't running and to please turn it
on.  We got this running and suddenly, POOF, it works...the mail is piped in
the the python script and the python script executes.  Any explanations to
why it suddenly started working when logging was turned on?  (I did not
change anything else)

Thanks,
Thomas