Hi guys,

I just managed to get my complete DMZ including firewall running, every ping and connection is working. Now I am simulating SMTP and POP3 from the local network to the DMZ (where my qmail-server is) over the firewall (ipchains running and configured on RedHat 6.2).

Before the firewall setup I had a cross link between my WIN and the qmail server; it took me incredibly 0.5 seconds for authorization and something like 5 seconds to receive 7 MB email, that's quite cool compared to a 64k line :-)

But now the authorization takes more than 60 seconds, I am getting this dumb Outlook Express-Message

"Your Server has not responded for 60 Seconds..."
<STOP>                                      <WAIT>

After clicking "WAIT", qmail slowly starts up to accept messages and doing POP3. But that's a big loss of performance. Is that a qmail-problem (configuration)? I don't hope so.

Stef