sum2038 wrote:

> (2)use tls.patch
>     This patch can patch the qmail-smtpd and qmail-remote.
>     But if some mail server which isn't able to speak SSL,
>     what will qmail-smtpd process this case?

TLS and SMTP start by doing a cleartext negotiation and switching to an
encrypted session, whatever talks to qmail-smtpd will only use TLS if can
and if it wants to, otherwise it operates in the clear.

>    And what will qmail-remote do if it send a mail to
>    non-SSL mail server.?

You must specify the servers you want to talk securely to, be default
qmail-remote sends mail in the clear as well.

>   Should I read RFC2487 to get knowledge in detail?

Yes, ofcourse, RFC's are always informative.  Read the information at the
top of the TLS patch as well.

--
Jamie Heilman                               http://wcug.wwu.edu/~jamie/
"I was in love once -- a Sinclair ZX-81.  People said, "No, Holly, she's