Arif Rudiana wrote:

> Dear
>
> I have already installed qmail on my freeBSD box. I think  i have
> followed every step on qmail HOWTO. I ran test after it finished.
> If I send from local to local and local to remote   both it' OK.  but If
>
> i try to send from remote to local ( [EMAIL PROTECTED]  to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED])  there is a problem occured, in the remote
> computer the message appear like this : "(BHST) Unknown host/domain
> name  [EMAIL PROTECTED]) Please check the message recipients and
> try again"
>
> qmail-smtpd run with inetd, so i try to configure file
> /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts but after i restart and then try again the
> problem still appear
>
> was there  something with my installation? please let me know why.
>
> thank you very much
> ARIF

Well, it appears that you have some large problems with DNS. Please see
the attached file. Your DNS appears to be completely broken.

;)

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> local.domain @a.root-servers.net
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      local.domain, type = A, class = IN

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
.                       1D IN SOA       A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
hostmaster.nsiregistry.NET. (
                                        2000082501      ; serial
                                        30M             ; refresh
                                        15M             ; retry
                                        1W              ; expiry
                                        1D )            ; minimum

;; Total query time: 204 msec
;; FROM: gandalf to SERVER: a.root-servers.net  198.41.0.4
;; WHEN: Sat Aug 26 01:35:44 2000
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 30  rcvd: 106

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> nowhere.domain @a.root-servers.net
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      nowhere.domain, type = A, class = IN

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
.                       1D IN SOA       A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
hostmaster.nsiregistry.NET. (
                                        2000082501      ; serial
                                        30M             ; refresh
                                        15M             ; retry
                                        1W              ; expiry
                                        1D )            ; minimum

;; Total query time: 208 msec
;; FROM: gandalf to SERVER: a.root-servers.net  198.41.0.4
;; WHEN: Sat Aug 26 01:36:01 2000
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 32  rcvd: 108