> Sean C Truman wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
>     Ok I am to my wits end on a problem.
>
>     1) tcpserver hangs for 2-4 min after 4-10 min of operations. Looking at
> the problem it looks like the TCPSERVER hangs and svscan restarts it after 2-4
> mins. If I Kill the tcpserver processes ever 5 min I dont have any problems..
> (This one is really killing me..) I know its not a DNS issue, I know its not
> equipment issues (After replacing a 2500 series Cisco with 2600 series, and
> replacing old BAY networks switch with new Cisco Castlyst 2900 series) This
> problem just started happening last week. (The machine has been processing
> mail fine for last 230 days) I also have tried to recompile tcpserver to no
> avail. And it is completely random, tcpserver locks up when there is a Heavy
> Load and when there is no load on the machine.

Chances are I'm not going to be the one answering this question, it's a bit out
of my area of expertise.  But I do feel compelled to give some advice: you would
be much more likely to actually get an answer if you provide some (any) info
about your setup.  At this point we know there are a few Cisco switches on your
network, but we don't even know which OS you're running.  Here are some
questions:

What OS?
What hardware?  (espesially network hardware)
How (exactly) is your machine connected to the internet?
What else is running on the machine?

Those are just the ones that popped into my head in a few seconds.  Something
tells me the guru that answers this question is going to need alot more info
than that...

Good Luck,
Eric