Hi again.
First of all, thanks for your help.
Well, following your suggestion, I found out that nothing was listening to port 110, actually. Following instructions in LWQ, I've chosen qmail-pop3d: I installed checkpassword-0.81and I added the entry in /etc/inetd.conf slightly modified (I'm using inetd):

pop3 tcp nowait root /var/qmailbin/qmail-popup hostname.domain /bin checkpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir

Telnetting port 110 I receive an OK! message but it's not possible to be authenticated.
I would like to use tcpserver ONLY (I can see it still running under svscan--supervise) and use something like the script I see
in LWQ (I tried to do it, with no success).
By studying and trying, I have more and more knowledge of E-mail system and Linux (I like it): but it would be nice to see qmail running, either.
Thank/you/once/again.
Marco