Bill Carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In the case of shared storage, what is done to protect the queue? From
> what I've read this far, losing the qmail queue means losing mail.
>
> What are some of the ways to protect against this?
>
> My first thought is mirrored drives on the incoming machines. That makes
> the machines a little more pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Yes, queue-on-RAID of any type (> 0) is good.  Tape backups are another option,
although the queue changes so fast that a day-old backup is probably next
to worthless.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
QCC Communications Corporation                   Saskatoon, SK
My opinions do not necessarily represent those of my employer.