Instead of

From: Oracle User <oracle@hotcube>

or

From: Oracle User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I need

From: Grapple-Grommets Customer Service <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have looked at nmh, and it is a bit more powerful than /bin/mail, but
still, it only seems to let you change the domain name -- it still
insists on using the userid in the e-mail address.

So, to summarize briefly:

Can I use qmail just to transmit outgoing mail, even if I don't have a
proper FQDN configured on the qmail server? I can't have things locking
up...
Are there any good *command-line* mail clients (like /bin/mail or mh or
nmh) that will let me specify the "From:" field? Is there any that would
work with qmail to accomplish this?

I can use a hand here - any help is appreciated.

-Stephen-