Hi all...I have a slight problem...well my boxes do anyway

I have a qmail daemon (sorry, I have used qmail for awhile but I still don't
know what qmail-local, qmail-remote, qmail-send, qmail-start, etc all
actually do properly so I'll just say 'daemon') that is trying to store an
e-mail to a Maildir in a user's home folder. This folder is actually on
another machine, but is mounted using NFS. I am using autofs to
automatically mount and unmount the NFS connections when necessary.

When qmail tries to deliver a large attachment (ie anything over 1.5mb) to
that NFS share over a 168kbps ISDN link through a router on this end and one
on the other end, the following error occurs:

2000-09-07 13:09:48.635984500 status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
2000-09-07 13:09:51.671706500 delivery 13080: deferral:
Temporary_error_on_maild
ir_delivery._(#4.3.0)/

Most e-mail gets through, but these large attachments fail. And an error
pops up on the console of the server saying timeout over NFS link (sorry I
don't have the actual text but it is only a few words). I don't believe it
is qmail error, and I can't find it in the logs anywhere. The only messages
that will be logged to the console (according to syslog) are *.emerg
messages, but these are logged to * and no files note this error so it is
obviously an error coming from one of my processes running at the time (but
the error message doesn't hint as to which one). I don't see the error from
a telnet session, but I do if I actually look at the physical monitor of the
machine...

Anyway what I need to know is how I can extend the timeout over this NFS
link or the timeout for delivery of a message in qmail, or how to fix this
problem.

Thanks!

/BR

Manager