I'm trying to understand the recommendation of INSTALL.ids, which
corresponds to the following line from qmail-1.03/CHANGES:

19961117 change: qmail-start sets logger gid to GID_NOFILES.

Shouldn't the gid be named something like logfiles (GID_LOGFILES)?

I don't understand the point of creating a special nofiles gid which
is then used as the gid for some number of files.  [I know that other
parts of the system can be probably be relied on to give such files x44
permissions, but the group name seems to imply something different.]

Anyone know?

Thanks,

--
Raul