Hello,

I am underway installing a new box with qmail, this time using
the new daemontools-0.70 plus ucspi-tcp-0.88 and it generally
works like a champ. Although I'm not yet convinced that the
two-stage pipe thing is a sufficient replacement for full pipe
control in supervise, this is far easier to get right than the
earlier method was.

Now the problem:

I started a pop session, with my maildir emtpy:
telnet host 110, user xyz, pass abc
list -> 0
Then I sent me a message which got placed in my
Maildir/new...

list-> 0 _still_

I waited several seconds and tried again, and it was
still 0... When I finished the pop3 session and started
a new one, I had no problem seeing and reading the
message.

This is under Linux, 2.2.17-pre (Debian 2.2 default
kernel).

Am I bitten by Linux metadata semantics? Does qmail-pop3d
scan the mailbox only on login or at (long) fixed intervals?

Best Regards,
--Toni++