On 13 06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
# Hiho!
#
# I need to send emails from a host S that uses qmail as a MTA for sending
# special emails to a special host R that is not known by DNS. Usually the
# host S sends all his outgoing mail traffic to a mail hub.
#
# Our maintenance company says that qmail is unable to send mails to this
# host in this setting.
#
# Is there an easier way, than writing an own mail client that is used by the
# program on host S that needs to send mails to this special host R, to solve
# our problem?
#
# Bye
# Arne

Here's a simple way

in your smtproutes file in /var/qmail/control (if there is no such file
create it) add the line
R:<ip address of R>
:<mail router>

--