In the immortal words of shawn p . duffy ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Hey...
> I was thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling qmail so I could get even more
> familiar with it. If get rid of /var/qmail and edit the boot scripts I should
> be OK right? oh... also the /services dir and all of the qmail users and
> groups...
>
> would that work OK?

You shouldn't have to remove the entire services dir -- just the
entries for qmail-smtpd and qmail-send should do the trick.

Watch out for qmail's "sendmail" wrapper, which might still be lying
around in /usr/lib or /usr/sbin.

-n

Toward the end of my career in porn, I reached a point where what I saw every
day didn't affect me anymore. Not because I was desensitized or had lost my
compassion -- I think it was actually the opposite. I began to see just the
people, without judgment, without trying to make any sense out of it. I
stopped thinking the actors had to be damaged to do what they did. They were
having sex for a living, instead of working in a bank.  The bank thing
probably takes it's own kind of toll. I wouldn't know.       (--Barbara Nitke)