On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 10:25:23PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Dears friends

Am I correct in asserting that you are asking two completely unrelated
questions in one message? [Ok, saves one set of headers' worth of band-
width...]

> In sendmail when the user michael is downloading his emails
> into /var/spool/mail/ is a file .michael.pop.lock
> In qmail what is the equivalent?
> I am using Maildir box.

This has nothing to do with sendmail. Sendmail does not have a POP server,
not even in the way qmail has. However, as far as i know, qmail-pop3d
does not use a general "mailbox" (i.e. Maildir) locking scheme based
on lock files.

What would you want to do with this file?

> Friends .. PLEASE
> I need clear all the queue
> How can delete all the queue?

You can use qmHandle, available from http://www.qmail.org/
(You'll have to patch it to remove everything from the queue
at once... and I have had some problems with it...)

Or you can
a) stop qmail and smtpd
b) delete a few files under /var/qmail/queue
but you'd need to understand very well how the queue directory layout
works.

Are you sure you don't want to do
/var/qmail/control/queuelifetime  :  1
and restart qmail, that will bounce all mails that cannot be delivered
within one second (correct me if I'm wrong, will this apply for already-
queued messages?)

-Johan
--
Johan Almqvist