Well, thanks to some great help from this list, I got the alias thing
straightened out, and I'll be writing up some additional
documentation for the Mailman README.QMAIL document.

I thought I was out of the woods on this whole thing, since I can go
to my Mailman web page and subscribe, I get the confirmation
letter and I can look at the results via the web site which shows me
that the whole process worked.

BUT. (oh, yeah, there is always a BUT)...

People who do not host their mail on my system never recieve the
confirmation letter, and as such can never join the list.

Mailman shows their outbound letter as a bounce, but I can't
imagine all those users putting a bad email address in. My guess
is that qmail is refusing to relay for Mailman.

Is this a relaying problem? If so, what do I change in qmail to allow
these mails to go out?

--
              Phil Barnett  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                       WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net/