At 8:33 PM -0700 9/18/00, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I am trying to install qmail on the Solaris 7 x86 system using Life with
>qmail. I have few problems:
>1. /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run script is having some errors
>
>QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
>NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
>exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
>     /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -p -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb \
>     -u $QMAILDUID  -g $NOFILESGID 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1
>
>when I run the script I get errors -u -g illegal option. I am not sure what
>those options are doing, I took them out and replaced with -a that seem to
>work.
>2. Cannot telnet on the port 25 tried everything but it tells me connection
>refused. Sendmail is gone so there is no port "sharing"
>I found an error in the qmail log
>@4000000039c80c1404df8924 tcpserver: fatal: unable to figure out port number
>for gid=100(nofiles)
>I think this is my problem, but I do not know how to fix it.

Your problem is that id on Solaris is not the same as id under Linux:

leprss% id -u qmaild
id: illegal option -- u
Usage: id [user]
        id -a [user]

Just put the numbers in the script by hand.

The error in the log is cause by the fact that NOFILESGID isn't set right.

>Please help
>Denis

Paul J. Schinder
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center