From: "Austad, Jay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Wagner R. Landgraf'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 12:08 PM
Subject: RE: Problems receiving mail

If you're on a machine on the inside and you're trying to hit an ip on the
outside of a firewall or router that does NAT, it won't work.  I think
Checkpoint makes a firewall that works around this problem, but that's the
only one I can think of.

You need to do your testing from a remote machine if you're hitting the
200.201.1.1 ip.  Is 200.201.1.1 the real ip?  I tried connecting to both
port 80 and 25 and neither worked.  In any case though, you won't be able to
hit your external ip's from the internal network if the firewall is NATing
them.

Jay