Travis Leuthauser wrote:

> Stephen Bosch wrote:
>
> > Actually, I want to make sure that mail addressed to
> > address_set1@vdomain1 will only be accepted if it is sent to
> > address_set1@vdomain1, but bounced or dumped if it is sent to
> > address_set1@vdomain2; mail addressed to address_set2@vdomain2 will be
> > accepted while mail to address_set2@vdomain1 will be bounced or dumped
> > -- WHERE address_set1 and address_set2 are part of the total user space
> > on the qmail box (that is, recipient exists only once on the system;
> > recipient may be part of address_set1 *or* address_set2 but not both
> > simultaneously)...
>
> If I understand what you're wanting properly, then what you want to do is
> list your virtual domains in control/virtualdomains and in the home
> directory for each virtual domain, define .qmail files for EVERY address
> @virtualdomain.com, but do not put a .qmail-default file.  That will cause
> qmail to look for .qmail files in the home directories and if it does not
> find one, then it will bounce the mail.
>
> Hope that helps and makes sense,

It does. Thanks for all the help, everyone -- I followed your
instructions
and I am getting the desired results. I guess I didn't fully understand
how the virtualdomains feature worked; I didn't realize that qmail would
bounce the mail without a corresponding .qmail-[recipient] or
.qmail-default.

That's perhaps one area, though, that the documentation or LWQ might be
made *just
a tad* clearer -- it's great so far, but I imagine that one extra line
of text
would be enough to minimize confusion even further.

I'll see if I can come up with that magic line *chuckles* it's all a bit
funny to me right now.

I'm feeling decidedly like a punch-card computer scientist at the moment
=)

Again, thanks

-Stephen-