On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 03:42:09PM -0400, Keith Warno wrote:
[snip]

> When initially setting this all up and testing it, there was about a
> minute delay between sending mail and being able to retrieve it
> pop3.  After some careful inspection I noticed that the mail
> messages in ~/Maildir/new/ had modification times about a minute in
> the future relative to the time on the "mail" machine (again,
> ~/Maildir/new/ resides on "bigbird" and is spoken to by "mail" via
> NFS).  "bigbird"'s clock was about a minute faster than "mail"'s.

It's these lines in maildir.c that are causing the problem:
     if (st.st_mtime < time) /* don't want to mix up the order */
      {
       pe.dt = st.st_mtime;
       pe.id = pos;
       if (!prioq_insert(pq,&pe)) break;
      }

This code basically says: insert message into prioq (maildir-list) if
it was created before 'now'. I don't know why djb did it this way, but
your host should be ntpsynced *anyway* if you want to run any kind of
reliable service.

Greetz, Peter
--
dataloss networks