Hy there palls

i'm new to qmail, and you can find this stupid, but anyway there it
goes.
I've sucessfuly installed qmail. it is running properly, and i can send
mail trough the host. but when i try to receive mail (pop3) the problems
begin.
when i initialize the qmail-pop3d it gives me the following message:
[root@localhost]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/qmail-pop3d.init start
hard error
Starting qmail-pop3d...done

the process is there, running.
but when i try to receive mail via netscape (pop3 requisition) the
program returns
the following:
"this user has no $HOME/Maildir"

and while reading the INSTALL.maildir doc, i've found something
interesting.
the doc says
"The system administrator can set up Maildir as the default for
everybody
by creating a maildir in the user home directory and replacing
./Mailbox with ./Maildir/ in /var/qmail/rc. Here's how to set up qmail
to use maildir for your incoming mail:
[root@localhost]# maildirmake /home/user/Maildir
[root@localhost]# echo ./Maildir/ > ~/.qmail
[root@localhost]# chown -R user.user /home/user/Maildir
[root@localhost]# chmod -R 755 /home/user/Maildir

I do ask:
1) for the proper working of qmail-pop3d shouldn't I edit
/var/qmail/defaultdelivery/rc
instead of /var/qmail/rc ?

[root@localhost]# cat /var/qmail/defaultdelivery/rc
#Using qmail-local to deliver messages to ~/Mailbox by default
./Mailbox

[root@localhost]# cat /var/qmail/rc
#!/bin/sh
# Using splogger to send the log through syslog.
# Using qmail-local to deliver messages to ~/Mailbox by default.

exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
qmail-start ./Mailbox splogger qmail

2) How can i correctly setup qmail-pop3d using Maildir format?

3) What's the difference between Maildir and mbox format? Wich one
is better?

Thanks in advance

Gustavo Schroeder
System Administrator