> andy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > 1) I'm trying to implement open-smtp. Open-smtp uses a database
generated by
> > pop3 logins to set Relayclients (among other things). I would also like
> > use a standard static database of Relayclients in conjunction with this.
How
> > would I get remote mail users to use the instance of tcpserver w\
dynamic
> > database, and local users\remote servers to use the other instance with
the
> > static database?
>
> Don't.  Keep a file with your static tcp rules in it, and another
> (dynamically generated) file with the dynamic rules in it.  cat them
> together and run tcprules on them.
>
> However, you could also avoid the problem entirely, and use the
> excellent relay-ctrl package from Bruce Guenter, which does exactly this,
> and works well.  See http://em.ca/~bruceg/relay-ctrl/ for more.
>
>Charles

Thanks for the advice Charles. I've looked in relay-ctrl and like what I
see, but I'm wondering is the "fixup address" piece what I would use for the
static relaying addresses I need? It looks like smtp.fixup gets mixed with
smtp.rules to make the smtp.cdb, but the whole concept of fixup addresses
has me stumped. I looked at the qmail FAQ, but am still not sure how "the
guts" of the fixup process shown there work.

-=Andy