On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 01:48:25PM +0100, John Portwin wrote:
> This has answered one of my questions - it seems that from a commandline,
> Qmail will automatically add '@mobiletones.com' while Pine needs to be also
> told to do that? Is this correct?

Basically.

Pine figures that it can't trust /usr/lib/sendmail, so it appends
the host name to the mail address.  But, fortunately, it gives you
the option of putting:

user-domain=mobiletones.com

in its config file.

> My main concern is the top message - although currently
> 'office.mobiletones.com' doesn't exist, it will when I get this up
> and running as the main server, however pluto.office.mobiletones.com
> will never exist as it is an internal portforward from the machine
> office.mobiletones.com - will this cause me problems in the future?

Only if people use software which has been configured in a way which
appends pluto.office.mobiletones.com.

One thing people sometimes do for this is use a wildcard mx -- basically
saying that any mail for *.office.mobiletones.com is delivered to some
set of mail servers.

--
Raul