"Robin S. Socha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Gnus. http://www.gnus.org/. Groks maildir, scores like anything, has
> regexps for splitting and does PGP like a charm. Among many other
> things. On the downside, it's a hell of a beast to set up. Not for the
> weak.

To be fair on Gnus, Gnus itself is not the hard part of the learning
curve.  It's the fact that it's an Emacs subsystem, and for non Emacs
users, requires familiarity with Emacs before it is usable.

Configuring gnus for basic operation is fairly straightforward if you
already know Emacs quite well.  The difficulty lies in not being
comfortable with editing emacs lisp files, even simple ones.  My .gnus
is fairly short excluding comments; if you don't need auto splitting
into multiple email groups, it can be even shorter.  All you really
need to use maildir mail:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "")))

(setq mail-sources '((maildir)))

and possibly something to fix up your source address.  The Gnus
complexity is very low; it's the Emacs part that's harder.

The other thing that's hard is adjusting to reading your mail with a
newsreader.  Once you get used to it, it makes sense, but it takes a
little getting used to.

-Matt

--
| Matthew J. Brown - Senior Network Administrator - NBCi Shopping |
|         1983 W. 190th St, Suite 100, Torrance CA 90504          |