I hope no one has to go through this one ever again...

A server's hard drive was failing, so I made an iso image of it and wrote it
on a CD...
Put a new drive in, install Linux, install qmail, copy the setting, create
the users, copy the aliases and voilla...

except for one little thingy... mkisofs likes to change certain chars into
others... The one that "hurt" me the most was the ":" turned in to a "-"...
guess what happens to all your aliases in the form of name.something...

The worst part was, that when the server came up again, its seconary server
tried to deliver around 160 mails... all addresses to the aliases... And
they all got bounced back.... :-(

It is not an error that is to blame on qmail, I know, I just wanted to warn
anyone who might have the same idea of creating an iso image as backup... Go
through the mkisofs options very carefully!!!!

Goran

P.S.: Sorry to disturb the list, but I just had to get this off my chest...
:)