hi,

        if I have a user called "user.com", can I tell qmail to use it as a
recipient for a virtualdomain? Like in

virtualdomains:
---
user.com:user.com
---

        I have tried doing this and qmail cannot find the user at all. Mails to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] got bounced with a "Sorry, no mailbox here by that
name. (#5.1.1)".

        Checking the maillog, I can see that qmail-send does translate
[EMAIL PROTECTED] into [EMAIL PROTECTED], so the
virtdomain rules are being applied ok. Now when it comes the time to
actually find the domain.com user, it fails.

        I've also tested sending mails to domain.com@localhost and they failed
with a (#5.1.1) error. So my conclusion is that qmail does not behave
properly with dotted user names. Is this documented somewhere? Or am I
doing something wrong?

martin