Hi all

i have written an sms forward filter in perl that allows me to trigger an sms message
to me if a
mail matches my criteria.

i then send an sms including the sender of the mail and the subject line.

Now my problem is this:

I live in denmark and thus it happens pretty often that a subject line includes
non-standard ascii
characters.

subject lines with non-standard ascci characters are iso-8859-1 encoded, example
follows:

=?iso-8859-1?Q?N=E5_min_skat_-_jeg_g=E5r_til_afdelingsm=F8de_i?=
=?iso-8859-1?Q?_Bredgade_nu_-_jeg_ringer_senere=2E_Kys_til_dig_fra_mig?=
=?iso-8859-1?Q?_=2AS=2A?=

this subject actually reads:

Nå min skat - jeg går til afdelingsmøde iBredgade nu - jeg ringer senere. Kys til dig
fra mig*S*

(if this looks weird don't worry -it's danish :)

ofcourse this looks pretty silly in an sms message så what i would like is a way to
convert this
back to ascii

I have tried everything i could find, and no perl module seems able to do this for me
(including
SGML::ISO8859).
Neither have i found a binary or a sheel script or anything like it that works for me,
but since every mailreader seems able to handle this, then i must conclude that there
ARE exsisting
tools for this conversion...

Do you know of any?

/Martin