On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Ben Cody Houston wrote:

> Basically, I'm trying to deliver mail to:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> so, I have an ~alias/.qmail-Bob:Hanson file... but it won't work. It will work
> if it's ~alias/.qmail-bob:hanson - should either one work?
>
> -ben

You're begin daft :)

qmail-local will convert extensions to lowercase. From the dot-qmail
man page:

    WARNING: For security, qmail-local replaces  any  dots  in ext  with
    colons  before checking .qmail-ext.  For conve­ nience, qmail-local
    converts any uppercase letters in ext to lowercase.

Therefore, qmail-local is looking for .qmail-bob:hanson rather than
.qmail-Bob:Hanson or even .qmail-BoB:hAnSoN etc.

--
Regards
Peter

"If you kill all your unhappy customers, you'll only have happy ones left"