On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 06:07:00PM +0200, Sebastian Paul Avarvarei wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to blend the two MTAs because the second one is part of a groupware
>system (Teamware) with a user system independent of Linux's own user system. With
>sendmail things work ok, but I want to replace sendmail+inetd with qmail+tcpserver, I
>like very much (among other things) the selective relay feature.

Well, you _can_ run 'sendmail -bs' (I think) under tcpserver, if
you're trying to get that element of control.

How are you trying to handle relay control?

If you are using 'rcpthosts', then you could maintain a similar list of
hosts with sendmail (from a recent version):

  # Hosts that will permit relaying ($=R)
  FR-o /etc/mail/relay-domains

If you are trying to use RELAYCLIENT via tcpserver, then you may
be stuck: I don't know how to let sendmail make decisions based on
environment variables.

> So my question now is: how does qmail establishes if a server is DNS aware or not?

I'm missing something: what is a 'DNS aware' MTA?

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (603) 434-6842