Quoted from Peter Samuel:
>     - 911 is the emergency number in North America, while it is 000 in
>       Oz, 999 in NZ and UK etc.

999 in New Zealand? Not unless you use pulse dialling! :-) (Hint: most
phones in New Zealand do tone dialling. And rotary phones in New Zealand
are labelled backwards to what I've seen in other places.)

A New Zealand station (channel 2, I think) used to screen ``Rescue 911''
(that American programme) on TV, and some kids actually dialled 911 in
an emergency. :-( So since then, channel 2 had another series, ``Rescue
111''.

        ---Chris K.
--
 Chris, the Young One |_ If you can't afford a backup system, you can't
  Auckland, New Zealand |_ afford to have important data on your computer.