"Jon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On my companys site we handle a few large mailing lists and sending one
> though sendmail takes a few hours at the moment and is getting longer!  We
> want to setup QMAIL on the server so we can send the newsletters though
> qmail from our perl scripts.  We don't want to use qmail for all pop3 etc at
> the moment.

What makes you think that using qmail means you have to use it for
POP3? You can use qmail for smtp only, you know. It is totally
compatible with the /var/spool/mail/user format if you NEED to
continue using it. Think about it...it is more secure, more flexible,
more everything. You won't regret a changeover and it will save you a
whole lot of hassle trying to run two smtp servers at once.

> So is it possable to setup qmail on the server and just use it to send
> emails though it from perl?  And keep sendmail running for everything else?

Theoretically, yes. But am I going to be the poor sod to try and
explain sendmail and qmail on one system? Not likely...

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jon

Take my advice and you won't regret it. Promise.
|User:         |Href:                     |Status:    |
|Brett Randall |<http://xbox.ipsware.com/>|Hibernating|
 Generated by Microsoft Ass-Watcher s/(c)/(!c)/g 2003