From: David Geller
To: 'Francis Abella' ; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 24 October, 2000 8:49 PM
Subject: RE: Sender address rejected because of trailing >

Are you possibly setting the MAIL FROM address to be the same as the one
that appears in the message head for Return-Path? If so, that might be where
the problem is. I could be wrong, but I think the format for the MAIL FROM
should be the simple form of the address, without the decorative name
attached (per RFC821). Whatever you use to talk to your smtp daemon should
probably only present an address in the form [EMAIL PROTECTED] when setting
MAIL FROM as in:

MAIL FROM: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

And then, later, set the reply-to address to anything reasonable, when
you're pumping header info to the server.

- David Geller