From: Adam McKenna [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 8:34 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: What to do about these barelinefeeds?

qmail doesn't return an error code of 256 for the bare lf problem, it
returns
553.

> 2)  The important question now is, what kind of error
> does the user get when their mail server finally
> gives up?  Does it look like the mail was just
> undeliverable?  I know qmail issues the error code
> that causes the mail server to try again.  After that
> time on the remote server expires, I'm worried that
> users who may be mailing someone at a domain I
> host will be getting an error message that makes it
> look like a problem with my mail server, pissing my
> customers off at me.

Did you actually read any of the online documentation about this, including
but not limited to http://cr.yp.to/docs/smtplf.html, the FAQ and relevant
RFC's?

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | "No matter how much it changes,
http://flounder.net/publickey.html   |  technology's just a bunch of wires