This may be off base, but I normally set the default shell for most
users to be /bin/passwd. Then spawn a telnet process to the local
machine. Once the process is logged on, the process will be prompted
for a new passwd. This is good, because no one needs root permissions
through the web. I use a combination of Perl and expect to make it
work.

Wes

Wesley A. Wannemacher
[EMAIL PROTECTED]