> This spam trap, unlike most of them, require that spammers keep an
> additional piece of information around in addition to the e-mail
> address, information that they cannot construct mechanically
> (provided that you construct the regex carefully and different
> people use MTAs with different message ID construction patterns, the
> latter generally being the case).  That's a *huge* loss for the
> spammers; unless tons of people start doing this (and even in that
> case), they just can't handle that complexity.

And, the gorgeous thing about message IDs is that even if some spammer
finds a way to steal your message ID and use it in spam attempts, just
change your message ID. Its a helluva lot easier than changing e-mail
addresses...

Oh, and BTW. The original message with bugfixes is posted at
http://xbox.ipsware.com/spam.html for those interested in implementing
this. So far there have been two bug fixes. They are not detailed, but
the working copy is on that page. If you use Gnus, also take a look at
http://xbox.ipsware.com/dot-gnus.html to see how I've set up my Gnus
to handle these addresses.
--
"I have travelled the length and breadth of this country and talked
with the best people, and I can assure you that data processings is a

- The editor in charge of business books for Prentice-Hall, 1957