On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 03:47:41PM -0600, Eric Walters wrote:
> I am using the maildir format with qmail.  I am also using virtualdomains to
> host different domains.  All users are remote.  I am using the freebsd UNIX
> local usernames and passwords for authentication.  I am attempting to use
> the virtualdomains file for storing email addresses in the format
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:jdoe.  I cannot get mail delivered to the local
> /home/jdoe/Maildir.

This let's jdoe control the local email adress john:

in /var/qmail/users/assign:

  +john-:jdoe:uid:gid:/home/jdoe:-:john:

(make sure to run qmail-newu after editing this file.)

jdoe can do:

  jdoe $ echo '&jdoe' > .qmail-john

to get the john mail delivered using his default delivery instruction. (jdoe
could also choose to get the john mail delivered to a specific mailbox, or
whatever.)

--
Joost