From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
Of Enrique
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 12:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: QMAIL
Subject: Re: Return receipt [T2000103100V0]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Dear Enrique,

Thanks for your reply.

> The return receipt requested feature (when activated on an outgoing email)
allows you to ask that the recipient notify you that the message has been
displayed on his/her screen (and hopefully read). This notification will
arrive as a separate email in your Inbox.
> The return receipt requested feature must be supported by a recipient's
email client (i.e. Outlook Express) or the site at which he/she receives
mail (i.e. Mail.com) for you to receive notification. However, even then,
the recipient can also choose not to notify you.

I know it. But my question it's another. I'm going try explain better.

I have try these.

I have send a email with netscape comunnicator 4.61 and i have put
"Request return receipt" to on. I have send these email over a SMTP
SENDMAIL server, and when i received this email, i have been questioned
if i want replay confirmation. Ok.

But, if i do the same over a SMTP QMAIL server, when i receive the email
i don't receive these question. The SMTP QMAIL server don't support
these characteristic?.

Do you understan me?

By another way, I have probed the last above example with the SMTP
server of QMAIL list and I have been questioned about confirm the reply.

Then, how can i do on my smtp server QMAIL for support a email whith
"Request retun receipt" to on.

I have see the email's header when it arrive whith question about
confirmation and I see this:

Disposition-Notification-To

Qmail Server can't support these parameter?.

Thanks.

> Best Regards,
>
> Phil Castellano
> Member Services Representative