Hello Everyone,

I am in the progress of migrating a fairly large sendmail system to qmail.
One of the problems I have run into is the differences in when aliases are
resolved by the two programs. I have installed and am planning on using
the fastforward program with qmail.

The main issues are these:

        1.) We have over 1000 virtualdomains that we handle mail for.

        2.) Due in part to bad planning, we allow defaulting delivery
                of those domains to the localdomain.

                e.g. If we host custdomain.com, we allow mail to
                [EMAIL PROTECTED] to delivery to the same [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        3.) With a small number of our virtualdomains, we have a setup
                that forwards [EMAIL PROTECTED] to the same
                [EMAIL PROTECTED] using the sendmail virtusertable format
                @domain1.com    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The questions are:

        1.) Is it possible to have the fastforward alias file read
                *before* the local user check, AND have it delivery
                to the local user if there is no alias?

        2.) Using the fastforward aliases file, is there an equivilant
                to the @domain1.com    [EMAIL PROTECTED] style of aliasing?

I am aware that using qmail's .qmail file aliasing is it possible to do
the defaulting aliasing through a .qmail-default file containing:

        ${DEFAULT}@gwi.net

However, to make it easier on our support department, having aliasing act
exactly the same as in sendmail would be much preferrable.

Thank you for your time.

Jamin A. Brown                      Systems Operations Department
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   * Great Works Internet *   207.286.8686 x142
RSA PGP Key:              http://www.gwi.net/~jamin/pgp/jamin.asc