Jack Barnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yea I looked at that, but if a user just wants to send mail, it will throw
> an error sinces they didn't auth with the pop3 server.  I think my user's
> aren't bright enough to get the "you must receive email before you send"
> concept.

Then perhaps your users don't deserve to be able to send mail across the
Internet.

Seriously, just about anyone can understand the POP-before-SMTP system.  We use
it for all kinds of customers, and we don't have the type of problems you
anticipate above.  For Windows clients, etc, it is generally easy to configure
their client software to do this automatically.

Charles