I'm running qmail on a linux (Debian) machine.  I'm getting no local
deliveries.  When sending an email local2remote it seems to go thru with
no problem.  I've been studying the flow charts in /etc/qmail/doc for
two days trying to diagnose the problem, but so far no luck.  qmail will
accept mail from remote servers and from local clients that is destined
for a local mailbox, but it never gets delivered to the local mailbox.
It appears to end up in the queue and it stays there.  I'm using the
Maildir system instead of Mailbox, and have changed the line in
/etc/qmail/rc to reflect that, and in addition, the Maildir directory is
installed in each user's home directory at /home/~user/Maildir with the
appropriate subdirectories /new /temp /cur

I've also tried with the conventional Mailbox/mbox structure and local
delivery still doesn't happen.

I have the qmail users and groups set up correctly, according to the
documentation.  The /home directory is owned by root, and each
individual user directory ( /home/~user ) is owned by the user.  These
directories are not group and world writeable, and the group on all
these directories is group: users

Any help in getting local deliveries fixed would be greatly
appreciated.  You may email me off-list if desired.

Regards,
--
Chris Olson