qmail Digest 20 Nov 2000 11:00:01 -0000 Issue 1189

Topics (messages 52467 through 52516):

URGENT !!!!!  custom footer with qmail
        52467 by: reach_prashant.mail.zeenext.com
        52468 by: Olivier M.

[newbie question] IP logging?
        52469 by: Stefan Laudat
        52481 by: Steve Kapinos

defaulthost is ignored
        52470 by: Sebastian Steinlechner

Re: secrets and lies
        52471 by: Pavel Kankovsky
        52472 by: Pavel Kankovsky
        52476 by: Raul Miller
        52477 by: Andy Bradford
        52499 by: Paul Jarc
        52501 by: Adam McKenna

Re: qmail and /var/spool/mail
        52473 by: Jose AP Celestino

Re: qmail build problem under SuSE 7.0
        52474 by: Jose AP Celestino
        52475 by: Erwin Hoffmann
        52478 by: David Benfell
        52479 by: David Benfell
        52480 by: Adam McKenna
        52487 by: David Benfell
        52488 by: Jose AP Celestino
        52489 by: Adam McKenna
        52493 by: David Benfell
        52494 by: David Benfell
        52495 by: Adam McKenna
        52498 by: David Benfell
        52500 by: Adam McKenna
        52502 by: David Benfell
        52508 by: Adam McKenna

SMTP on a port other than 25
        52482 by: Phil Barnett
        52483 by: Vince Vielhaber
        52484 by: Phil Barnett
        52485 by: Jose AP Celestino
        52486 by: Jose AP Celestino
        52490 by: Phil Barnett
        52491 by: Piotr Kasztelowicz
        52504 by: Amitai Schlair
        52505 by: -dsr-
        52506 by: -dsr-
        52507 by: Amitai Schlair

ORBS helps hackers to break into srevers
        52492 by: Piotr Kasztelowicz
        52496 by: Alex Pennace
        52497 by: Piotr Kasztelowicz
        52503 by: Alex Pennace
        52513 by: Piotr Kasztelowicz
        52514 by: Adam McKenna

deferral: unable_to_chdir_to_maildir. (#4.2.1)
        52509 by: Dennis
        52510 by: Adam McKenna
        52511 by: Amitai Schlair

Re: run file suddenly disappear!!
        52512 by: Eric Yu

Hop count problem in qmail-send
        52515 by: Richard van den Berg
        52516 by: markd.bushwire.net

Administrivia:

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To bug my human owner, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  hello friends

   is it possible to insert custom footer at the end of every mail sent
through my MTA which obviously is qmail-1.03 ,its possible with sendmail
which we were running previously so , now my boss wants this feature , but
i dont know how to implement ,  i am ready to recompile  it if any source
modifications are need then please suggest me which file to modify and on
which line i will have to add my custom footer , i am using qmail-1.03 with
qmail-ldap-2000602.patch  patch which is modifying my qmail-smtpd   so
please guide me what should i do ?

  thanks & regards,
Prashant Desai

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 07:00:02AM +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    is it possible to insert custom footer at the end of every mail sent
> through my MTA which obviously is qmail-1.03 ,its possible with sendmail
> which we were running previously so , now my boss wants this feature , but
> i dont know how to implement ,        i am ready to recompile  it if any source
> modifications are need then please suggest me which file to modify and on
> which line i will have to add my custom footer , i am using qmail-1.03 with
> qmail-ldap-2000602.patch  patch which is modifying my qmail-smtpd   so
> please guide me what should i do ?

you could filter all mails using qmail-scanner, and use it to add
a footer (it now add an X-header: it's probably easy to make
it add a footer).

Olivier
 Olivier Mueller - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - PGPkeyID: 0E84D2EA - Switzerland
qmail projects: http://omail.omnis.ch  -  http://webmail.omnis.ch

How can I see the incoming IPs of my pop3 clients?
Thanks!

--
Stefan Laudat
http://www.pepsicola.ro/~stefan

If you setup qmail with tcpserver, accustamp, and cyclelog, as per the
HOWTOs, you should be getting logging of qmail-pop3d connections in
/var/log/qmail/qmail-pop3d

-Steve